Potato Chip Craving

I always get this HUGE craving for potato chips and I dont know what to do about it. I hate the feeling after I eat them, and was wondering if there’s any way around this. Does anybody else crave potato chips? Thanks.

Comments

• rawclaire, I definitely get cravings for cooked junk food, particularly every weekday morning when I walk by Cinnabun shop at the train station! I’m a sweet craver so usually dried fruit will do. For the chip craving you definitely want to go salty and savory so I would recommend experimenting with dried vegetables and dried veggie chips. My favorite way to do them is to take your favorite veg (I love broccoli, zucchini and sweet potatoes) toss them in a little olive oil, herbs, garlic, black pepper, and a dash of nama shoyu or soy. Then dehydrate them until crispy. I’ve never done ‘salt and vinegar’ sweet potato dehydrated chips but I bet they would be great!

• I am a potato chip junkie!!! There is a recipe on the forum for sweet potato chips that are amazing…and if you cut them really thin, they get crispy just like a potato chip. A batch never lasts long in my house! There is also a recipe for spicy cheez-its that I made. I haven’t gotten to try them yet (i am on a MC) but they have gotten rave reviews. My next challenge is to recreate tortilla chips which I love, love love with salsa and guac.

• oh my gosh, spicy cheez-its! NOW I have a salty/savory craving! :)

• OMG-cheeze-its! Yeah! Thanks everyone!