Brown coconut made me sick

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

So I don’t have any way to find a young coconut right now, and I decided since I was craving coconut to eat a brown one instead. I pierced the eye and drank the milk (which was delicious) and then I removed the meat from the shell by tapping it with a cleaver.

Long story short, I had about 3/4 a brown coconut and now a few hours later my gut is in AGONY. I don’t know why I thought I could digest one…the meat was pretty tough (though yummy) and I’ve been living exclusively on soft fruits and salad the past few weeks, not too many nuts. I’m nauseous, crampy and gassy right now…just ICK!

Anyway, this is the first time I got sick from a raw food item, so I thought I’d share. No more brown coconuts for me.

Comments

• For me brown coconut is the only option, as I can’t get the young coconuts here :(
    Maybe you should have started with a bit les coconut, if you didn’t eat anything heavy lately.

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

Brown coconuts are sooo heavy and have tonnes of fiber! I think the best way to have them is in small doses- ground up, OR juicing the meat, which will yield heavy but delicious cream, which you can blend with a sweetener or into recipes. I’m currently visiting in Israel and there are no young coconuts here either- I miss them lots and do try to use mature ones instead, but they’re worlds apart. You just can’t make a meal of one like you can with the young ones.