Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

going 100% raw

marcellmarcell Raw Newbie

geez i wont ever go shopping again when im hungry lol i just went to that supermarket and i was soo hungry I was forced to to get some flavoured tofu, i had no choice.i just shouldnt go shopping when im hungry…what are you guys doing in those moments? Im having such a hard time going 100% raw over a long period of time, after 2 or 3 days I just feel like i have to get like portatoes or something like Tofu, should i just go with it and not feel bad about it? now i feel kind of bad afterwards lol

Comments

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

I buy fruit when I am shopping. An apple or two or three bananas is enough to starve away hunger and it is very good for you.

• I have been on my way to 100% raw for about 6 months…it took doing a master cleanse for 11 days to be mentally and physically in rawspace. While being 75% raw since the beginning of last summer i found myself going back to the cooked foods that i relied on (mostly sushi, beer, and good cheese haha) The cleanse really helped me, and since i came off of it I have been 100% raw and I haven’t had one craving for tofu or anything…when I go to the store I head to the produce section first, wherever I go. It’s habit now to walk right over to the produce section and start browsing for what looks good.

Time marcell, give it time!

• i would encorage you to do it anyway even though you experience some cheating instances, i work in a supermarket and i know what it is to be tempted ,every food is like shouting me ,me ,me,me.its sad when you take that 1st bite and realise you have just added some more deases to your body, or some more weight , but i think its harder to give it up altogether, i am trying the same thing to be 100%. i believe i will,i can ,any body can , youcan, if someone out there can be 100% so can we,,these days am trying not to carry money with me or a card , that can help too, or if you r going shopping maybe we should have some fruits in hand,all the best

• When I go shopping I always buy some fruit and veggies first! If I see something tempting I just say to myself: is it good for you, do you really want it? Then I usually put it back!
    I try to eat something before I go shopping, and I think it helps!

• marcell, it’s not a bad idea to have raw “treats” foods that might not need to be in your every day diet but if you’re having a craving you can indulge. Mine are chocolate “raweos”, soft dates with nuts, chocolate banana avocado pudding with raisins, and bananas with nut butter, honey, and hemp seeds. Think of what ‘tastes’ you’re craving to satisfy ie: salty, sweet, bitter, fatty etc… and think of raw ways to still fulfill it. But in the end if nothing else will do, indulge and don’t feel guilty about it! :)

• I found that doing a fast really helps both physically and emotionally with dealing with hunger. Before I did the fast, I used to freak out about not getting enough food, either raw or vegan cooked. I had those tofu or potato cravings too. After the fast I learned to just meditate through the hunger, and that I would be okay if did not eat something. Once you relax, the anxiety goes away and you can make good choices. On the other hand, it really depends on the space you are in. It is okay to get tofu, just know that at some point you might want to work toward being at another place where you choose an apple instead. I find that guilt or feeling bad is not helpful for me, so I don’t do it. I don’t even see it as cheating. That kind of rhetoric leads to guilt and shame. Pat yourself on the back and be glad you made it through your hunger, it is a strong feeling.

• I agree with lovingraw. It’s good have treats around. I usually keep some Larabars in my purse to keep me from getting too hungry while I’m out and about. You could also makes some trail mixes out of raw nuts, seeds, and dehydrated fruits.

• I go to a grocery store where there’s almost always some kind of chip sample out-potato chips or corn chips. I am in the same situation you are. I jest can’t control myself. One time I caught my daughter putting huge handfuls of potato chip samples in her pocket. lol I inulge whenever I can too. You know I just went to rawguru.com an ordered $300 worth of raw crackers an sweets. When you go into the grocery store, I suggest you bring a whole bunch of the Almond Butter Stuffed Chocolate Figs that I’m about to post :) You need to have more food around the house, bring your favorite raw foods to the grocery store. For example, bring some raw ice cream in tupperware, or a littlle zipplock bag of poemomm’s raw pizza recipe :)