Eating Nuts

Is it better to stay away from nuts? I personally like them…but it seems like they are in a lot of dishes from breads and cashew mayo (which I love it all) to desserts. What is too much for someone? I don’t feel too hot tonight and wonder if it is because I didn’t have much greens today except green smoothie (and enough water) I think my body likes more salads and green smoothies and fresh fruit etc. I see on some other sites that they write what they eat…and I don’t see ANY nuts or even dehydrated food. I just got mine…and it is making it fun and easier for my kids to come to the other side. I am also excited that I can make desserts for my family that are NOT processed. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Comments

• KelleySKelleyS Raw Newbie

I primarily eat a bunch of veggies, fruits, and sprouted grains and legumes. Nuts are something I eat modestly. I always sprinkle a few seeds in my salads or sometimes put a bit of nut butter on my apples or bananas. Sometimes I’ll have a few almonds after I work out, or dip veggies sticks in tahini. While nuts are very healthful in moderation, I definately try to emphasize the other food groups. Some of the recipes on this site are very nut heavy, especially desert recipes. I like to keep desert simple and maybe have a date or two or a piece of fruit and skip the rich recipes when the mood strikes.

• I wouldn’t like to eat too much nuts either, cos they have a lot of calories, however if my body needs them, then I eat them! They are really healhty (in moderation), they contain a lot of important nutrients! Check out ‘Nuts, how much is too much’ topic on this site for more info!

Check out my recepie on this site as well ‘Buckwheat apple pie’ this doesn’t have too much nuts and not dehydrated either! And delicious :)