Making Vegie patties???

shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

I have a lot of pulp of all different kinds and would like to make burgers out of them. How is that done? The only recipe I saw used pecans which I do not have.

Comments

• I have used veggie pulp before to make patties by just adding some ground flax seeds and whatever spices you like. I have added garlic, basil, and sundried tomatoes. Yum!

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

great idea, thanks! I need to get over my fear and try some.

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

Welp, I tried it, I might have put too much flax seeds or something but they were not the best really. They were too moist and I did nto ahve time to dehydrate so I (I know) cooked it. It still did not taste teh best. Ideas?

• I guess the flavor depends on what kind of pulp you have. The ground flaxseeds usually soak up the moisture, and I usually do dehydrate. Try entering “pulp” in the search and see what other recipes people have posted using veggie pulp.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i have found pumpkin seeds to be the best for veggie patties. they have a smoky meaty flavor (says the vegan who can’t really remember if that’s true or not).

pure carrot pulp, or carrot with greens (not celery) seems to taste the best to me.

once you have a pulp you’ll need:
    pumpkin seeds for consistency,
    a little water and/or olive oil to mix well (or maybe some lemon juice?)

<mix>

optional add-ins and toppings:
    celery, onion, parsley, garlic, sea salt, dulse flakes, other spices and herbs. CHOPPED, not blended.
    i like to sprinkle with a little sesame seed and chili powder
    also, if you like miso, it works very nicely to give the burgers a smooth consistency. (of course, miso is not raw, but “living”... use sparingly?)