Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Green smoothies more filling?

Hey. I have been adding green smoothies into my diet and was wondering how to make them more filling. I usually have a bunch of fruit and greens with water blended up. I am usually feeling hungry an hour or so afterwards though and rather than raiding the cupboards for something naughty I’d love to know if there is some way to making my smoothies more filling. Any suggestions? :)

Comments

• hi mic, as for me i just add more greens , and since yesterday i have been craving for greens ,it suprised me,but its fullfing .i hope this helps

• Heya :) How are you doing? I will try and add more greens and see what happens! :) Thanks for the tip.

• fine thanks, you are welcome, please let me know how it goes.

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

add two tablespoons of soaked flax or chia seeds (soaked for about half an hour or more). fills me right up!

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

I second what elizabethh wrote!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I know what you mean evildarkvirus (hmmm, I never really read your handle until I had to write it… interesting).

We too got hungry after green smoothies. So, instead we thought of green smoothies as supplements and drank one in the morning… waited or went to work in the morning to allow for digestion, then had breakfast. Then, we late lunch/early dinner. Only 2 meals a day. Afterall, you are getting many nutrients with that green juice! It’s a meal in itself.

• Why did you call yourself ‘evildarkvirus’?

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

make it with a nut milk you wont eat for hours!

• Do you put banana in your smoothie? This is what I have for breakfast every morning. It keeps me full for a very long time. 1-2 oranges, 1 apple, i kiwi, 2 tbs cocoa nibs, bee pollen, cayenne pepper, banana, water. I mix this up in to a liquid then I pack my blender full with kale and sometimes spinach. I have been having this for breakfast for over a year. It really fills me up!

• Hi Everyone! This is my first post- yay!

So, this is the third day of my juice fast which has consisted solely of green smoothies. I have not been hungry once! Flax seed is a must, I also recommending packing your smoothies with as much of the greens as possible as I think they can be held accountable for total stomach fillage. Besides fruit/water/greens I also add:

Flax Meal
    Goji Berries
    Cacao Nibs
    Maca
    Spirulina

This combo has been really satisfying. A dash of Org. Vanilla Extract gives great flavor too. Some nuts or almond butter may also help fill your tum…...

Keep on blendin:)

• thanks earthugger!

• Lol, my name ‘evildarkvirus’ comes from my nick-name ‘Virus’ named that because of my affinity with computers. That’s all. I use it for all my log-in ids :)

Thanks for all the ideas guys! they are really great. I am thinking of trying to find some chia seeds, are they available in the UK?

Unfortunately I am intolerant to banana although I am trying to ‘de-sensatize’ myself!

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

I always need to add a fat to mine like flax oil or coconut oil. They don’t seem to affect the taste at all. There’s a great blog and recipe on www.welikeitraw.com by Sarma about Green Smoothies, I didn’t know they could taste so good – lots of herbs and citrus. I also love vanilla stevia in mine, probably not raw but I don’t use a whole lot.