Labeling recipes "Light"

JoyceHJoyceH Raw Newbie

Hello, I hope it’s OK to post such a closely related topic to my last thread.

http://www.goneraw.com/forums/2/topics/3609

I am asking a special favor from all you wonderful recipe creators. If you have posted some recipes that you would consider “light”, would you mind going back to your recipe and labeling it that way? It’s super easy, just go into “edit your recipes” and add the word “light” into the Category box.

What I mean by light is a recipe with minimal fats, nuts, sugar, agave, young coconuts, etc, etc…)

I hope a lot of people here think this is a good idea. Kandace/Ray, I especially hope you approve as well since I do feel a little bit cheeky posting this thread :-)

Comments

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

This sound like a great idea – the more useful the categories/labels, the better right! By light, are you referring to low fat?

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

AWESOME!!! Great idea!

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

yeah, that sounds like a great idea.. i would definitely like to see that available

• I’d like to see the “light” section include recipes made with buckwheat instead of oodles of nuts. Buckwheat is so much lower in fat/calories and a zillion times cheaper!

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

yeah, that sounds like a great idea.. i would definitely like to see that available

It is available now (http://goneraw.com/recipes/list/light), just enter the word light as a category and your recipes will show up in the section (JoyceH has much better instructions above).

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

I have always wanted to have light and lowfat catagories. i didn’t realize we already had a light one and i just went in and created a low-sugar, lowfat and nonfat but i don’t see them on the category list. Kandace, do i need to do something else to make those categories appear?

I love the idea of light and i think it would be helpful if we set up criteria for it, ie. low/non fat, low sugar, etc.

in time, i am hoping that we can have the ability to filter categories as we can filter appliances. i too want to limit my intake of nuts, seeds, sugar, oils, and dehydrated foods. it is very tempting to see all the yummy high fat desserts, etc. I would love to just pull up recipes in the categories of light, lowfat, nonfat, and low sugar show up. maybe some day.