Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Loss of appetite?

For the last couple of days I have found myself making food that afterwards I don’t feel like eating! It is very odd. I actually feel more comfortable with the idea of just living off of smoothies! Has anyone else found this?

Comments

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Yes, and it surprises me, too because I’ve had binging problems since I was a teenager.

• I’ve encountered the same thing. Sometimes I’ll have a green smoothie thinking this is just an appetizer, and then I find I don’t want to eat anything else. This has happened several times at dinner. I usually force myself to eat a meal after the green smoothie and then I really feel like I’ve overeaten and don’t feel so good. I force the meal down because I’m thinking I might not be getting enough nutrition otherwise. But maybe the green smoothie is just so packed with easily absorbed nutrients that our bodies don’t really need anything else sometimes.

• I go through stages. SOme days I’ll wake up ravenuosly hungry and want to just chew chew chew. Some days I have no appetite and only juices and green smoothies apeal to me. Maybe it’s just our bodies way of telling us it needs a break from the whole digesting thing? Dunno :}

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

My appetite has been totally weird since I’ve been raw. Some days I can’t seem to stop munching on ANYTHING I can get my hands on (all raw of course) but then there are days when I would rather just drink water or light juices and I don’t want anything in my belly at all.

Strange…I guess my body needs different things at different times.

• Glad it’s not just me then! I feel really hungry and make a big plate of something and then I can’t eat much of it at all. Or I make a smoothie and can’t drink it! Very odd! :/

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

It must be that you are getting sufficient nutrients from less food! I find this to be true for myself, as well.

• Lol, I shouldn’t worry then. It’s just so odd to not want to eat much! Probably a good thing when it comes to weight loss tho :P

• JDJD

You are totally not alone on this one. I’ve had the same thing happen to me and it’s always been right before lunch and at dinner time. Like LimeLady, I too have forced myself to eat because I didn’t want to lose out on nutrition but I really don’t think it’s necessary. It’s better to listen to your body!

• I think I might go back to just smoothies for a while, sounds weird but I feel more comfortable with them than ‘real’ food for now. Is that odd? Lol.

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

I have noticed that I have days where I am very hungry and days which I have no appetite at all. I think it is the body just doing some readjusting after many years of eating heavy cooked foods. All these things take some time, but soon your body will normalize. It is important not to listen to your mind all the time. Do not restrict yourself if you are craving something because your body may actually need it. I use to restrict fat a lot and told myself I was only permitted one avocado a day. I found out that this was very wrong. If you restrict yourself you will end up binging on that craving later. Like pundee said above “listen to your body”!

• Great advice :)