Ideal time in a Sauna?

I usually spend about 5 minutes in there. 5-7 minutes. Any longer than that and I start to feel antsy. What am I benefiting from this short of a period? What would be the ideal time to get a good detox in?

Comments

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

are you breaking a sweat in 5-7 minutes?

i started with short stints but now i like to stay in for a good forty minutes. but you need to put a wet towel on your head (at least that’s what i have been told) to protect it.

i think the idea is to sweat, so as long as your pores are releasing toxins you are benefitting. and if not, you get a nice little winter warm up, which has it’s own benefits.

• I think that the ideal time is between 15 to 30 minutes, and the best is if you take a break, have a cold shower and go back for another 15-30 minutes.

• bananaboybananaboy Raw Superstar

Do you have a far infrared sauna? They allow you to stay in much longer than a traditional sauna as they don’t heat the air, just your body. I stay in mine anywhere from 30 min to 1 hour and work up a great sweat. I doubt 5-7 minutes is doing much, especially if you are not breaking a sweat.