Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw Peanuts?

When I ordered raw wild jungle peanuts, they tasted bitter and weren’t digestible. I tried soaking them, dehydrating them, but they just don’t do any good. Does anybody know where to buy good raw peanuts?

Comments

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Hate to say it but the jungle ones are the good ones! Sorry they didn’t work out for ya :(

• Hmm, maybe soaking them brings out some bitter taste. I’ll try not soaking them! Thanks coconutty :)

• Did you buy the Sunfood’s Wild Amazonian Jungle Peanuts? I have some & they aren’t bitter. They just have a milder, ‘plainer’ taste than roasted regular peanuts. Mine digested fine too. Maybe you got a bad batch. Still have the receipt to return them?

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I have used the Sunfood jungle peanuts, & I never soak them. They have always been good.

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

Whats wrong with buying peanuts from the bulk section of a grocery store (organic) that is labelled as raw??? Is it pasterized like almonds or something?

• I quit eating anything containing peanuts after reading The China Study. According to the book, peanuts contain aflatoxin which is a carcinogenic mold. I have heard that you can grow peanuts that do not contain aflatoxin, but I do not believe that these are the ones that you would buy in the store unless it specifically says that it does not contain aflatoxin.

Anyone else heard this about peanuts?

• Samilicious-the grocery store where I go doesn’t sell raw peanuts, only roasted kind. So you have t order them.

Sedona: You should go to sunfood.com’s page where they sell wild jungle peanuts. Once you click on it, it says all the bad things regular peanuts have that these peanuts don’t. I don’t the wild jungle peanuts contain the aflatoxin your talking about. I’m not totally sure, but I don’t think they contain an aflatoxin.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Are those little Spanish peanuts with the red skin really raw? I ate those things like crazy when I was a kid in Burma, even though we were warned about the mold. They were just so goooooooood . . .