Tart Molds Question

germin8germin8 Raw Master

I bought the tart molds today… to make several mini raw pies. (I have a class coming up.) I thought the molds would be more flexible… actually, they aren’t flexible at or only slightly. So, how do you take the raw mini pie out of the mold without damaging its shape? I heard it is easy… but, I have my doubts. :o) Anyone have experience with using these to make mini pies?

I’m thinking I should line the bottom with parchment paper so I can pop them out easily. I’m also planning to sprinkle ground flax on the bottom to allow the crust to be crispier/firmer and hopefully more easily to take out. But, how do I prevent the pie crust from sticking to the side? Do I just have to be very careful?

I bought a flexible mini muffin pan too… and I like them better because they are quite flexible. But, now that I have both the flexible muffin pan and the tart molds… I need to figure out if I’m going to keep the tart molds. They do have cute fancy shapes… and would like to use them.

Comments

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

You can wipe the inside with coconut oil and then put the finished shell in warm water (up to the rim of the pan) to loosen. Then, turn them upside down and smack them on the counter to remove them. I guess that your instructor will tell you what she/he recommends.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Hehe, I’m teaching the class… first “big” class and I never used these molds. I’ll probably just make a big pie and cut individual slices, but I like these little ones. I’m going to try some tests this week.

I can’t just smack it because they will be mousse pies! Okay, maybe not, but luckily, it’s a mango cheesecake that can be frozen and smacked… but, if I make the carob mousse pie… I can’t smack that on the counter. Coconut oil… that sounds like a good idea together with the ground flaxseed.

• FreesiaFreesia Raw Newbie

Another option you may like to try …
    You can buy small spring form pans, I have a few of these and each is the size of one serving…they’re so cute, too…just like making mini cheesecake

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Yes, that’s a good idea too!

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

If you use flax seed, it might absorb too much moisture and not be crispy. Ground nuts or other seeds might work better.