Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw Chocolate

Okay I can’t sleep and I think it’s because I ate raw chocolate. From now on no raw chocolate past 3pm!

Comments

• I’ve been looking for a raw chocolate what is a good percentage and brand to go with? And you have a beautiful child.

• Hi EnjoyRaw! Thank you for the compliment about my son! The raw chocolate I bought is called Cacao Power by Navitas Naturals. This is the only brand I’ve purchased; I think it’s a good brand because it’s almost 2am and I still can’t fall asleep!

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

I like Navitas Naturals as well but it doesnt’ beat David Wolfe’s cacao powder.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Since I’ve been RAW I haven’t touched raw chocolate…with the exception of a raw brownie a friend made. I’m a little worried about giving myself chocolate (even raw) because of binge issues with chocolate in the past. I know raw chocolate is better for you then regular, but how much better for you?

I’d like to be able to have raw chocolate without feeling guilty or being down on myself because I had a “sweet treat” you know? ;-p

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

hey there are no worries with raw cacao powder. Why would you feel guilty? Worried about fat content? If you are cacao powder has a minimal amount of fat! The whole beans or nibs are the ones with the fat. But I still would not worry about raw fats. They are very good for you. They lubricate your joints, internal organs, and have many other beneficial properties. If you worry about the caffeine then good news…. cacao actually has no caffeine. The energy that people feel is due to the natural occuring stimulant known as therobromine. So DO NOT restrict, and enjoy some chocolate. I enjoy cacao shakes every day and I feel wonderful!

V

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Excessive cacao or unraw chocolate can give me the jitters, prevent me from sleeping, and trigger migraines in my twin sister. Moderation is the key, and best to avoid in the evening if you’re sensitive.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

MOTH, if you don;t have an issue with your weight, I can see no problem in eating raw chocolaty things. Over eating it once in a while won’t hurt youeither. Raw cocoa is rich in antioxidants. Once you start eating raw chocolate, other chocolat does not compare!

• that true ,you have a beatiful baby,the first thing i thot when i saw your pic

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

karmyn girl, that’s the same for me! No eating after lunchtime or about 3pm or else it keeps me up all night thinking.