Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Juice fasting - anyone not into it?

I have been starting and stopping juice fasts / feasts for a couple of months now because every time i start i get this awful panicked feeling that i am not doing the right thing.

just wondering if i should be pushing through it or if there is anyone else who just doesn’t feel juice fasting sits with their bodies. looking for some other opinions.

Comments

• i tried unsuccessfully fasting/juice fasting on some occasions and stopped due to similar feelings you’ve experienced and realised fasting is not for me. I never attempted again and I may not in future, definetly not fasts for more than a day or two.

• jeshuabrownjeshuabrown Raw Newbie

Sigh. It is so hard, I agree. But we should not accept defeat! It is good for everyone! I’ve not made it past 2 days, but I felt and saw wonderful cleansing effects from that short period of time. I told my failure to a lady who knows a bit about these things, and she said the Master Cleanse really is best for people like us because you don’t experience the intense hunger pains. I endeavor to try it next! She also said if you juice fast it’s best to do fruits and vegetables seperate.

• juicyjuicy Raw Newbie

I have done several juice fasts from 3 days to 12…they were all amazing and I love them!

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

Even if you can’t fast for long (1 or 2 days), I think it is still beneficial. Longevity has been shown to be increased with this type of fasting in animals and humans. I am juice feasting now which is really not a fast, but a significant decrease in energy needed to digest (3.5-4 qts per day) . I actually feel more satisfied now (day 27) than when I was eating! When done, I plan to juice fast (less juice) once per week. That’s the plan anyway, we’ll see what happens LOL!

• michigan romanmichigan roman Raw Master

ive done around 15 fasts from 3 to 20 days over the past 3 years , and my first several i was weak feeling , grumpy , light headed when getting up . what kept me pushing was some great friends i made at rawfreedomcommunity and rawfoodtalk , we kept each others spirits up and ended up turning fasting into fun . the other thing was going to sites of fasting experts like the very bright herbert shelton , dr ben kim , the falconblanco site also has some great fasting info . i’ll bring back some links . and coming here shortly around the spring equinox were gonna get our fasting group we call ’ the fasting bandits ’ rounded up for a big fast at rawfreedomcommunity . you / anyone should hook up with us , its a very nice group .

• michigan romanmichigan roman Raw Master

heres 1 of my most respected doctors herbert shelton on fasting , link =

http://www.soilandhealth.org/02/0201hyglibcat/0… ...

• Hey Deborahann, 27 days is pretty terrific! I am working on day 3. In the past I wasn’t able to reach my goal either but somehow this time I think I’m gonna make it. Even the detox headache went away after this morning. Overall, I feel pretty good and my digestive system is very calm. I hope to reach 30 days…we’ll see.

• jeshuabrownjeshuabrown Raw Newbie

Thank you, those links are most helpful!

• I had better success on a plain, old-fashioned water fast. My last one lasted two weeks. Starting at about day ten, I began spewing out a ton of mucus. It went from brown and solid in the beginning to clear and liquid by the end. I would have never guessed that I had so much of that stuff inside me!

I like this site, they have juice fasting info too, I think:

http://www.fasting.ws/fasting/water-fasting.html

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

lalala, it sounds like this might be a mind over matter thing for you. Tune into how your body is feeling. If physically you feel great then keep doing it. if you are doing it correctly, there should be no worries! You get such a blast of nutrients with juice fast/feasts. Maybe try the green smoothie fast/feast. This way you are still getting fiber from the plant membranes.