Dandelion greens substitute

Does anyone know what you can substitue for dandelion greens? I cannot find dandelion greens anywhere.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Katt

Comments

• Hi Katt
    If your looking for an herbal substitute to promote a liver detox, milk thistle and burdock root are both excellent choices. If your trying to find something simular to dandelion green’s flavour, you can try chickory.
    Hope that helps!

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I’ve never seen dandelion greens in a shop (here in Italy), but they grow EVERYWHERE. Just make sure you forage them away from agricultural fields where there may be pesticides used and away from where too many dogs live ;)

• Hey BeetsnGreens I have a question about burdock root…when im buying it, it should be nice and firm right? Not limp and flemsy, i keep trying to buy one but they are always so limp at my wholefoods.

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

kattbuddah – I found dandelions in our local grocery store (not a specialty store, just a plain old grocery store) but they were in a weird location among the conventional veggies. Don’t know how pesticide ridden they might be – they’re quite large, but the guinea pigs and I eat them anyway and hope for the best. Even the checkout people seemed surprised to see them! We’ll have fresh, organic dandelions in the lawn this spring.

• michigan romanmichigan roman Raw Master

endive / escarole get close to the dandlion taste to me .