Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

My bottomless pit

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I’ve been raw for a few months now and in that time my appetite has fluctuated greatly. Right now it seems like I have a bottomless pit! I eat a meal (salad or fruit or something) and within minutes I am hunting for more food because I don’t feel full.

The only thing that seems to satiate me is a green smoothie, now that I think of it…

Any other ways to ease this bottomless pit? Will this phase pass? I really don’t like eating so much…

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

It’s normal. I went through periods of extreme gluttony when I first went raw. Including a few months just eating raw puddings, and a few months just on raw pizza. My first year raw I ate a huge amount. It was my method of staying raw, I would just stuff myself with raw food. It worked!
    Both Chris and I went through it, and now neither of us eats much. Just a smoothie and a salad/one main meal and nibbles here and there.
    Somehow I thing that my body was just crying out for good food and once I started to feed myself good raw food, I had years of malnutrition, hunger for real food, to satisfy.

• I’m the same unfortunately. Especially when I have a day off I can eat really a LOT, when I’m working I don’t eat that much, maybe because I’m busy.
    When I don’t want to eat much I drink a plenty of water or tea, sometimes it helps. Try to eat fiber rich foods such as flax or hempseeds and keep making your green smoothies, with kale, broccoli or any other greens.

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Yes, it’s definitely normal to feel this way! I myself am going through a bottomless pit stage right now. I recently fell off the wagon and now that I’m back on I feel like a pig, But as I’ve learned with experience, it will pass, things will even out and you won’t be eating as much. So til then I’ll just enjoying all the raw foods I’m stuffing my face with! :-)

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Guys, thank you for replying. I can’t tell you how happy I am to hear that this ravenous desire to eat raw food in what I perceive to be extreme amounts is NORMAL. I struggle with body image and when I’m eating a lot and always in digestive mode it tends to make me feel fat and bloated, even though I’ve been losing weight and exercising a ton. It’s so relieving to hear that other people are going through the same type of thing as our bodies adjust to being raw. I love raw and I’ll never go back, but the rate of consumption was freaking me out a bit.

I have definitely been trying to drink more water instead of eating more food, but sometimes only RAW will satisfy…

As long as I keep active and raw, I think everything will be okay. :-)

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I am also starting a juice feast in about a week or two, and then later a water fast, so I know from past experience that’ll help my relationship with consumption.