Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

I need a new dehydrator

Hi everyone-we got some great recipes out today! I think I’m due for a new dehydrator and want to get a 9-tray excalibur dehydrator. I think it’s $200 plus $90 in teflex sheets. I really need a new dehydrator (mine is totally filthy and doesn’t really work), but I don’t know if I can afford it right now. Does anybody know where to buy a cheap excalibur dehydrator (other than ebay)? Thanks so much guys :)

Comments

• Any suggestions? I don’t mean to bother anybody, I just need a dehydrator really bad! Thanks :)

• I second that! :0)

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

i’d love to help, but i’m kind of in the same boat! I really need to get a dehydrator but can’t afford anything spendy and don’t want to buy a cheap one…so sorry that i can’t help you!!!!

• I couldn’t afford the excalibur either and so far i love my $60 nesco american harvest. it does make it a little harder to make things that should be square, but i’ve learnt to make crackers and stuff in rounds instead. it’s not perfect, but it does the job it’s supposed to do, just like my little kitchenaid blender works just fine until i can afford a vitamix!

• SarahJSarahJ Raw Newbie

Does anyone know an affordable one that’s available to buy in Canada?

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

I haven’t shopped for this recently, but last I looked most of the online vendors were giving away teflex sheets with the dehydrators.

And…you don’t really need teflex, you can use parchment/baking paper instead. So that’s some savings.

• Wow! People really are in the same situation! rawguru.com does sell the 200 dollar dehydrator with free teflex sheets, but I can’t order from there anymore because every time I order something they add on the previous order :( ohn well I guess I start looking for a place that has cheap dehydrators! I’ll let you know what I find.

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

Last time I checked, rawguru.com had a good price. I LOVE my 9 tray Excaliber!!!

• 2-Life.com has free shipping, no sales tax, and if you email them for a wholesale price – you should get a pretty good deal. Good luck!