Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

raw hummus

Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

I made raw hummus once and I did not like it at all. I ended up throwing it all out.

I soaked the chickpeas, but I did not go ahead and sprout them. Is that where I went wrong, or does it make no difference?

Comments

• I think it would make a difference, because if you don’t sprout it it tastes strachy and unpleasant and it is much more difficult to blend it properly. However I would make a zucchini hummus instead, it is heavenly!!!

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

flybaby, Can you recomend a good recipe for the zuc. hummus. That sounds nice. I love zucchini, and grow the most incredible ones in the summer! They are so versatile!

• Have a look at www.sunnyrawkitchen.com. I made her zucc. hummus and it is fantastic!

• The Rawvolution uncookbook has a great recipe for hummus that doesn’t require chickpeas but uses zucchini and raw tahini instead. I’ve made it several times and it’s delicious.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Luna blu: There are a bunch of hummus recipes on this site that don’t use sprouted chickpeas. A few are:

I’ve only tried the first so far, but am definitely hooked on this quick and easy way to make delicious hummus!

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Hey thanks to you all! If you lived near me, I would gladly give you one of my homegrown zucs!!:)

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

I want to try to make the zucchini hummus but it uses so much oil and tahini, I can’t eat it. I can’t handle so much oils, not even a couple of spoons of the finished product. I thought about making it with a lot less oil, but I was concerned the water would leach out of the zuc without all the oils to hold it suspended. (when I let sliced zuc sit, water leaks out a lot) When I make chickpea hummus, I only use about 3 to 4 tablespoons tahini for almost 2 cups of chickpeas. Don’t know if it’ll work with zucchini . . . I’d like to back off of the chickpeas because I think I eat too many.

• Alix1962 it definitely works with less tahini! I always like to reduce the amount of oil as well.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Great! I’m going to do a bit of shopping today and I’ll pick up some extra zucchini! Thank you, flybaby.:-)