Raw food for a sick friend

I have two friends – one just recovering from a mascetomy, and one who just gave birth. I am going to bring them both some food to help with their family and was wondering if anyone has any good ideas of what I could bring. They are both SAD eaters, but I think they would be open to a raw meal.

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I don’t know about dinner, but my suggestion is to give them a good dessert – poemomm’s “bumbleberry pie” or my “chocolate raspberry ice cream/pie filling” with my “pie crust” are good choices. Most people are fine with veggies, salads, etc. if they don’t feel deprived, and a good dessert goes a long way toward helping people learn to eat healthy. It is where I am making progress with some of my family ;)

Ok, I just tried raw musician’s “alfredo sauce mmmmm!” -search recipes under alfredo & you should find it. WOW!!!!! I wanted to run some right over to my friend’s house because he is afraid that raw foods won’t taste good enough!

Just kidding! It’s “Creamy Alfredo Pasta Mmmmmmmmm” (I don’t know how many m’s). It has a little of a different aftertaste, which I attribute to the lime, but it is so good that I ate two zucchinis’ worth last night and another one today, and I need to buy more zucchini. :)

• I think if you are bringing raw food to friends who are SAD eaters but are also struggling with health and well being I would make sure i brought a big salad of your choice with a good dressing, a yummy dessert as mentioned but also bring a couple of simple dips with veg. i think people like to experiment when it is small like an appetizer.Just a thought. Hope you find the right thing to bring.

Oh I have had good results with mock salmon pate and veggies for dipping.You could also add an organic seeded (non raw cracker) for dipping so the trasition is a bit easier.Good luck!