Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Growing your own young coconuts?

Is this at all possible?

Comments

• if you live in a tropical climate and have a palm tree in your backyard

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

I read that they only grow in the U.S. in some spots like southern Florida and I think southern California.

• I’m gonna figure out how to plant a palm tree! Woudn’t it be cool if we could grow ou own coconuts?

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

It would ROCK!!! I say this as I look out the window to mountains of snow. :(

• If I’m able to grow young coconuts ever, you guys can all come by the tree and get as many of them as you want for free! I’m gonna start working on it :)

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

I’ll be there!:-D

• You have to be sure to get a “coconut palm”. There are hundreds of different kinds of palm trees. It would be neat alright to have your own. Some kinds grow fast too. Then you wouldn’t have to worry about them being soaked in anything toxic.

• not to sound neg,(belive me after all we know now it would be just wonderful)However,is this really practical? most of us here live in places where they would not grow. If anyone attemptsand succeeds please let us know. ...again,sorry seeming so neg. I guess just a bit angry about the state of young coconuts here now.

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Wouldn’t it be kind of hard to harvest? I’ve seen people climb up the trees with agility, but I’m afraid of heights…