Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

endurance athlete

i’m going to post this in “being raw” as well but i have a really fun question/challenge for everyone:

my friend is an endurance athlete and she needs raw recipes ideas that she can transport and prepare in a very small space and they must have very light weight ingredients, because of weight constraints on her boat.

i will give you loads of credit and love to her and on my website at heartshapedsky.vox.com.

thank you!

ami

Comments

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

Hey! I’m passing along a website to your friend of a guy I went to school with, who is also a raw athlete http://www.runningraw.com/faq.htm
    He’s had amazing success being raw and his site explains what he eats. He seems to be very big on Larabars which would be boat friendly. I’ve had good luck traveling with goji berries, cacao nibs and raw honey – they’re nutritionally dense, don’t need refigeration and can all be mixed together. Good luck to her!

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

thank you amysue!

• michigan romanmichigan roman Raw Master

another big athlete into diet , but not totally raw – though near ,
    is triathlete brendan brazier . he’s a site , i think at www.brendanbrazier.com ... has a book ’ the thrive diet ‘

and ide suggest ground flax seed involved in ones diet for its endurance enhancing qualities .

i bike and run , and ive always liked having trail mix around for its protein / fat / sugar mix which provides heavy cell fuel to burn .
    mine = walnut / almond / sunseed / raisin / dry date / dry fig / dry pineapple . and always bananas . though i dont know about the ‘lightness’ factor here .

and a side note i always bring up is that ive found when off salt ive greater endurance running , its like i can breathe deeper .

thank you michigan roman! i love this stuff!

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

heartshapedsky – chia seeds! In the recipe section there’s a recipe for tapioca pudding I just discovered made with chia seeds and there’s a very convenient link to nutritional information about chia seeds. It will blow your mind and sounds perfect for your friend, way to much information to post here. Hope it helps!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

I second the great adventures of www.runningraw.com I ran my last marathon using coconut water and dates at about mile 18. Recovery was amazing and I was spinning the next day. The hypothermia was another issue and i’d be interested to know how to manage that raw. So the coconut water is far better than the garbage sports drink they serve and the dates act as the quick and compact fuel source. I know many who use celery for the sodium.

thank you, i updated my blog again with your new info!

x ami

heartshapedsky.vox.com

• two other raw and mostly raw athletes to check out.. Scott Jurek—an accomplished ultra runner.

But more… Catra Corbett—at http://www.trailgirl.blogspot.com/ is mostly rawwould be of interest as she is preparing for her second attempt at the women’s record for the PC Trail – which means she has to ship, carry or haul nearly all of her nutrition for 90+ days on the trail. She’s fabulous – I’m sure if you’re friend emailed her she’d have loads of helpful info.