Raw Gift Basket Ideas

I’m giving my mom a raw gift basket. She has type 2 diabetes and we’ve talked about raw a few times, so I thought I’d give her a gift basket for motivation. I’m giving her,”There is a cure for diabetes” by Gabriel Cousens. What else would you guys put in a raw gift basket for a diabetic? Food ideas, book ideas, or any other ideas are welcome.

I’m also giving her a printed list of online resources if you want to recommend any of those as well. So far, all I have are goneraw.com and rawvolution.com on my list.

Comments

• oh goodness… you have so many options! i would for sure check out the raw reform store http://www.rawreform.com and probably add some nut butter, hemp protein (or raw power) goji berries (or bliss mix) agave syrup, cacao, maybe some empowered chocolate (they use agave, which as you probably know, is a low GI sweetener, so she can probably use it) and some kind of green powder like spirulina or a superfood mix.

best of luck to her!

• The best thing you can do for the food part is to put premade goodies in the basket, as if she’s not familiar with the raw diet, she will not know what do do with ingredients you give her, for example, she would not know what to do with regular cocoa powder, would she? oneluckyduck.com has great gift packages (just to get you started) Get some nice sprouted raw nut butters, raw macaroons (my blonde ones are amazing) premade raw cocoa butter chocolate, cookies, snacks, raw pizzas, and of course FRUIT!!!! the most healthy thing in the world! mandelicious is right, you have millions of options! Also, if she’s really interested in raw food, you can get her a dehydrator or vita-mix, or some nut milk bags or something to get her encouraged. My mother gives people expensive supplements as gifts that promote longevity and clean out the body. Even after your on the raw diet, these supplements are extremely healthy, especially considering you mother is diabetic. My mother used to have chronic asthma, and this is mostly gone because of the supplemts. They could do wonders for your mother. Here’s the name’s of them:

Enzymatic Therapy’s Mega-Zyme (the original, they have different types of Mega-Zyme) Garden of Life Primal Defense (the best in my and my mother’s opinions) Garden of Life Perfect Food Yerba Prima Psyllium (Spelling?) Husks Daily Fiber Caps Freeze-Dried Enzyme-Enhanced Wild Blue Green Algae (my other favorite) Hope this helps a little!