Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

grating veg..

I for the first time grated raw beet for my salad,yum! I cannot believe after 2 high raw years I have avoided certain veg.raw. I think now grated sqaush would be lovely too. Has anyone else had good results with other veg.?

ALSO….If I do not have a dehydrator how could I prepare eggplant??Thanks!

Comments

• I love grated beet too, especially organic ones, they are soo nice and sweet. I have been eating them for so many years raw and still love them! Grated carrots are great too :) I love to mix them with grated apples, lemon juice, honey and cinnamon. It is a nice treat and children also love it. I did some squash and celery too, from the latest you can make a nice salad with chopped walnuts, apples and lemon juice.

• Thanks flybaby! I will now come up with a new salad using grated squash and apple. I agree really enjoyed the beets. Funny always thought beets had to be steamed,2 years high raw and so very lost still.Thanks and Yum!

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Butternut squash is nic raw. I never thought it would be until I was adding it to my dogs raw food and decided to try it. It’s sorta sweet.

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

I’ve just discovered golden beets, and they’re wonderful grated into a salad. I’ve always loved beets, but avoided the red ones because of the mess they make, so this find was a real score! :o)

Spaghetti squash is really good raw in salads, too. I haven’t grated it before, just cut it into little chunks, but I’m sure it would work.

I like to make a salad with everything in it either grated or julienned, so that everything is pretty small & uniform, and with lots of different, vibrant colors. Usually include napa cabbage (I think that’s also called Chinese cabbage?), red/purple cabbage, kale or spinach, grated carrots, golden beets, apples or pears. Then throw in some sliced green onions, roughly chopped nuts or seeds, raisins or other dried fruit. Dressing is usually apple cider vinegar or avocado based.

Hmmmm… I’m hungry! ;o)

• For the eggplant, you can make pizza and use the eggplant as the crust. Slice the eggplant into discs. Marinate the eggplant in olive oil, oregano, basically whatever italian herbs, for 4 hours or so. Make a pizza or tomato sauce (use any on this site), and a “cheese” if you want. Then put whatever topping on it, spinach, mushroom, pineapple …

Then dehydrate for an hour or two.

OR

look up ” eggplant bacon” on this site.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

redhouse, great idea, thanks!

• Grated swede (rutabaga) is the best :) It is also great shaved into a stir-not-fry … comes out just like bamboo shoots.