Zicchini "noodles" pasta????

shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

So, I bought Zucchini because it was on clearance sale and I need to use them up. I do not have any kind of nuts besides flax seeds and sunflower seeds. I do have basil, and I have an avocado right now but no tomatoes or sundried tomatoes. I do have some vinegar and olive oil and I replenished my supply on sea salt. Sooo, how can I use these zucchini noodles to make a pasta dish that tastes good???

Comments

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

You can soak some of your sunflower seeds and then blend them with the avocado and basil! You don’t even have to use the seeds, you can blend an avocado with anything like deseeded cucumber or a sweet yellow or orange (or even red) bell peppper. I had to do it the other night when I ran out of tomatoes, too!:-) I just use a vegetable peeler on the zucchini(I don’t eat the seeds part) to make strips, then pour on the sauce. Add a sprinkle of nuts or seeds and/or chopped onions or veggies. Whatever you heart desires.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Basil, olive oil & sea salt sounds good, even better if you have garlic! I used to eat regular pasta with olive oil, Italian seasonings & salt, but I hadn’t thought of it raw until just now – thanks for reminding me!

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

I am actually eating zucchini ‘linguini’ as I write this! Take a veg. peeler and use that to make yourself the noodles if you havent got a manoline slicer. Then throw into a blender, basil, garlic, olive oil and throw in some sunflower seeds for a pine nuts substitue and presto, pesto sauce. you can add celtic sea salt to taste! I love it. I have never tried it with sunflower seeds tho.! I hope you like it!!

• Also, if you don’t have a spiral slicer, you can thinly slice the zucchin and then stack them and cut into thin strips for spaghetti type noodles,yum.