Is dried corn raw?

marcellmarcell Raw Newbie

I was wondering if the normal dried corn, that people use to make popcorn is raw?

Comments

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Probably not. I mean popcorn probably dried industrially, meaning in a furnace. Although cornmeal might be raw – it seems to be made with corn that dries in the field.

• marcellmarcell Raw Newbie

thats what i wanted to do with the corn make some cornmeal, maybe for some raw tortilla chips out of the dehydrator :)

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

I would actually think that it is raw, just dried. If you heat popsorn kernals, they pop. So I would say they are raw.

I could be wrong tho.!

• michigan romanmichigan roman Raw Master

ive got into this topic on other boards and was told corn meal isnt raw . and also was told to get ’ field corn ’ which i believe is allowed to sit in the field on the stalk til its dried then harvested and removed from the cob . i think its then used for cattle food .

i believe this field corn is whole dried kernels which one could grind up in a blender for use in recipes . i remember the women whom told me about it was a farmer or grew up on a farm and knew what she was talking about .

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Here in Italy it’s impossible to find fresh corn on the cob cuz the corn is left in the fields to dry so that it can be ground into polenta and animal feed. I always have to steal my fresh corn from the fields early in the season… ;)