Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

St. Patty's Day Party?

OK, what are people’s favorite green recipes that would be agreeable to non raw people? i seem to be attending a St. Patty’s Day party at my in-laws (very SAD eaters, for sure) which will have corned beef, mashed potatoes and boiled cabbage. I want to bring a salad and a dessert. So I’m thinking maybe a green salad and some mint ice cream pie? Thoughts?

Naturally, I want the food I bring to be better than the food they serve, so they might think me less crazy than they do now.

Comments

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

How about a guacamole appetizer – always a crowd pleaser. There is also a section of green recipes, but most of these appear to be smoothies.

I just saw your note about wanting to bring a salad. This spinach caesar would be fantastic. I love this salad! Or, for dessert, check out this yummy looking key lime pie-.

• thanks kandace… indeed, they are all big guacamole eaters. they would naturally eat it with chips though.

i definitely would not want to horrify them with the likes of a green smoothie! gadzooks! but i think the key lime pie could be right on target.

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

if you want to sneak in a little more green, add pureed broccoli stems to the guac. they won’t notice and you will have helped them out!

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I love the cute cucumbers with nut cheese and garnish. It’s posted somewhere on goneraw.

• I posted the same topic and got some good responses….

http://www.goneraw.com/forums/2/topics/3914

• thanks all… i’m going to develop a mint cheesecake pie type thing… will post recipe when it is finished!

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

check out my deviled eggs…..they are green… recipe section