Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Sunflower sprouts????

shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

I have a bag of “raw” sunflowers here. It says its raw and it tastes raw (good!) but there are a lot of seeds that are not whole. Should I still try to sprout them or at least soak them?? I have been eating them unsoaked on my Salads and pasta that I make with zucchini noodles, olive oil, basil, oregano, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper. Yum!

Comments

• I have read that it is pointless to soak any nut or seed that is chipped. Maybe just eat the chipped ones and soak the rest?

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

So you found a way to make good pasta with the olive oil! That sounds really good :)

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

Yeah! I made one with a sunflowre/ fresh basil and avocado pesto and then I made the olive oil one with basil salt and other spices. I like the second better I think!

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

Also, why do I need to soak sunflower seeds??/ I thiknn that they do not have that much enzyme inhibitors I could just eat them unsoaked. Well, because most of these are chiped, I might do jsut that.

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I’ve found that even my chipped and broken almonds still sprout. Why not try?

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I think they taste much better soaked, and they feel less heavy in the belly.

• I think you could also sprout them, they are so yummy, but before that you have to select the broken ones. If you don’t select them they may spoil the good ones.