Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Survived my 1st SWF!

I am re-starting my MC today after it was interrupted by a surprise meal out last week. I started this morning with my first salt water flush and just thought I’d say that I survived it! Lol, sad I know but I was a bit anxious about doing it. Worked great though and took about an hour to take effect. Anyone have any swf stories to share? or advice?

Comments

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I just did my LAST SWF!! Yippie!!

• Lol!! It’s alright for some :P

• SarahJSarahJ Raw Newbie

Are there any precautions that need to be taken? I have read about how to do a SWF and can’t see that there would be anything complicated but well….you know…..doesn’t hurt to ask. One specific question, it takes about an hour to take effect – how long does it last? Is this a stay home from work type of exercise?

• green girlgreen girl Raw Newbie

Yes, definitely stay at home! I found it took 1/2 hour to affect me and then about an hour of very regular/strange bathroom visits. Everyone might be different though. I usually budgetted 2 hours from salt water intake to walking out my front door.

That’s what I needed to know – thanks.

• Heya, it took about an hour to affect me and then another hour to work it’s ‘magic’ so I agree with Green Girl, about 2 hours over all.

Thanks guys. I am going to aim to try it next weekend….need to build up some nerve. I’m sure it will be fine – I had to talk myself into trying kale too and in the end there was nothing to be scared of. lol.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I’ve never heard of it – is it an enema?

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

I have thought about SWF, but I am concerned about the sodium. I haven’t checked my blood pressure lately, but a couple months ago it was a little high. 136 over 91. 140 is medicatable, I have heard.

So my main concern about the sodium is my BP. Would the SWF affect my BP adversely? I think it is down now, I ‘feel’ different lately!

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

You do not have to worry about that at all. Because you are taking so much salt (it should be at least 2 tsp), you do not get any of it. All this sodium triggers the gall bladder to empty itself out and for toxins and fecal matter to all get flushed out of the system. All this salt goes with it and your body does not absorb it.

I had my gallbladder removed a few years ago – do I have anything to worry about?

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

BIG MISTAKE. Though there is nothing you can do about it and getting mad at the doctors do not help. If you did a liver flush, they would have been GONE in five days (your stones that is). And you liver flushed out and cleaned.

As for having anything to worry about, let me say that fear is the number one thing that people use to keep themselves from doing what they know is good for them. And what can help them. Fear is what keeps us back from being successful. The best thing you can do is just do it. You will not die. In fact, it will be very very beneficial. If we all are driven by fear then that is all we will ever know.

Though you could try over and over and over again, it is almost impossible to kill someone with natural remedies, juice fasts, raw food, herbs, hot and cold hydrotherapy and such. Dr Schulze from www.herbdoc.com said that he tried over and over to kill his patients by giving them tons more herbs than what is recommended and said be ‘safe’. He said that no matter how much herbs he gave them, and raw food and hydrotherapy and cold sheet treatments (now that is intense!) and garlic enemas and more and more herbs, they did not die, they only got well. He was known for curing the incurables. He went to jail 6 times for it.

• Can I do a SWF without doing the MC. Just as a means of “cleaning” out?

Thanks for all of the information. Shgadwa, I think you have a valid point about the natural remedies – what’s the worst that could happen. Uummmm, I didn’t have gallstones. ;)

• green girlgreen girl Raw Newbie

Shutter nutter – you could do the SWF without doing the MC, but the lemonade actually helps break up toxins in your body so that the SWF can flush them out of your system. Just doing it by itself would just clean out anything that is already loose in your system (i.e. what you just recently ate). It is a good idea, if you strayed off the raw diet for a meal and just want to get that mistake gone! Have to say though that the SWF is the worst part of the MC!

• Good to see other people having the same doubts as me! I was very anxious but really it wasn’t that bad. Just stay near a toilet and don’t have plans for a few hours lol. It felt good after, I felt light and empty and healthier! It really did make a difference.