help with chocolate covered raisins

Anyone have any good recipes using cacao, cacao butter, and raisins? Please share if you have any ideas – I’d love to try it out with my freshly dehydrated bunch of grapes! Thanks :)

Comments

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

I’d like to know too! I haven’t been able to afford raw cacao butter yet, but I’d love to make chocolate covered cherries sometime soon.

• basically, you just melt your cacao butter by putting it on a jar or bowl immersed in warm/hot water. then add you cacao powder and some sweetener (like agave or honey) and toss your raisins in it! sounds delicious!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

If you put them in the freezer first, it will help more of the coating stick to them – just be sure to get them quickly out of the chocolate mixture. Agave keeps the chocolate from setting as stiff, depending on how much you use. With raisins, you may not need to sweeten it as much. Good luck!

• Thanks so much for the advice! I’ll try it out & see how it works :)

btw, Raw Chocoholic, I found it at a great price at the ELF website http://www.essentiallivingfoods.com/home.html ... I’m pretty broke, but bought two containers, since the shelf life is for 1-3 yrs.!