just saying hi!

suzyqsuzyq Raw Newbie

Hi everyone! I’ve been looking around this site for a while, but I finally decided I should join up and introduce myself. I’m completely just beginning with raw foods. I’ve experimented a little over the past year or so, and I’ve noticed that every time I get on a string of a few days of eating lots of raw food, I feel great—seriously, happier and more energetic and more clear-headed. So I want to make a little bit more of a commitment to eating more raw!

I’d really appreciate any tips on making the transition and incorporating more raw foods. But I know that the bigger problem for me is the social transition. How have you all dealt with “coming out” as raw vegan to friends and family? I’m especially worried about my extended family (farm-raised meat and potatoes kind of people) who I only see at major holidays, but still! And some meat-loving close friends who have always been suspicious of my vegetable-loving ways!

For now I’ve been dealing with friends and family by following the age old “When in Rome…” advice and eating like they do when I’m visiting. But I realize that’s just a way of putting off making real changes in my life, and bowing to social pressure. So! Ideas? Advice?

I look forward to getting to know you all. This seems like such a supportive community!

Comments

• Hey! Welcome to Gone Raw :)

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Hi Suzyq: Check out the posts at the following forum: http://goneraw.com/forums/3/topics/4097 It talks about how people handled the issue of raw food with friends and family. Welcome to goneraw, it’s great to have another new member.