Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Recipe ratings

When a new recipe is added, who rates it? I tried the new taco recipe for lunch today and it was great, but it has only 3 stars. There was only 1 comment and the rating was already low. how does that happen? Thanks

Comments

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Anyone who is signed in can rate a recipe, even if they do not add a comment. If you love the taco recipe, give it 5 stars and the rating will likely up! You can rate a recipe by clicking on the stars.

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

I think a lot of people just rate recipes without even trying them. Kinda sucks.

• Thanks Kandace..I hardly recognized you, beautiful photo and lovely haircut!

coconutty--I agree, the recipe should be tried before given a rating.
  • Yes, it would be nice if people would rate recipes only after trying them. It seems they either all have 5 stars or none at all. How do we distinguish?

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

hey all,

I bit off topic. I just started a new thread called “Recipe Integrity” under the Gone Raw Site forum section (maybe I should have posted it under this section). It is sorted of related but I forget to bring up this issue too. When I first started at Gone Raw, I didn’t know how those stars worked for rating and did accidentally click on them on a few recipes that I didn’t try (but I think I did the 5 stars!).

Anyhow, please feel free to post your comments under my thread too. The rating thing is probably a possible issue too.

• Hi. I’m new and got into this discussion because it’s the one going on. Is that how it works? As for ranking recipes, I think it’s like ranking books on Amazon—pretty arbitrary. Does it seem that this country is obsessed with ranking and rating everything?

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

charmedlifelady -

I agree with you and there is probably no one we can distinguish whether someone has tried the recipe or not – you would just hope people would be honest and try it first! But I will try any recipe I think sounds like I would like it whether it got 5 stars or zero – it doesn’t matter to me. :)