Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Used to love it! Now you hate it!

I just wanted to know what are some foods that you used to really like, but now repulse you? Mine would be eggs. I used to like boiled eggs a lot, even when I was a vegetarian, I liked eggs cooked in various ways, but now, they really, really, really do not appeal to me AT ALL!! They seem just so embryonic!!

What about the rest of you? What did you used to love before going raw but now, you feel no temptation whatsoever to cheat and eat?

Comments

• After I read that there was alot of mercury in fish, I decided I would never eat it again.

• Shortbread cookies. I have a sweet tooth and I had a major bingeing issue, mainly with cookies. I once ate an entire box of shortbreads to myself (at 150 a cookie) in a day. I had one of these same cookies 2 days ago and it tasted like flour, sugar and butter- it was weird, I could taste them all separately. Gross. I also find milk disgusting… chemicals, hormones, and wtf.. why are grown humans drinking liquid intended for baby calves? I used to drink like 4 tall glasses a day and loads of cheese and yogurt.

I do ‘cheat’ quite a bit on healthy, mainly vegan cooked foods as I am still in the transitioning stages, but all the non vegan things and most non healthy things just don’t taste good. (PS- I’m not vegan, Im pesco-veggie and eat forced upon fish because even smoked wild salmon fillets have lost their taste.)

• I have to agree with you about the eggs. Turns my stomach now! Blerrgh!

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

I got sick from eating one tiny boiled potato from my grandma last december which I had at school for lunch. Just one and I had to leave school early because I felt TERRIBLE. I waited in the washroom until my dad picked me up. On my knees. I used to loooove baked sweet potatoes and it was the only thing nonraw that I couldn’t resist, but ever since, I can’t think about eating it again because I am worried of getting the same reaction!

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

But hey! Atleast it helped complete my RAW transition!!!!!!

• sarawsaraw Raw Newbie

OMG Nicci!!!!! I KNOW exactly what you mean about tasting every ingredient!!! I’ve had this same experience! It is REALLY gross when you can taste butter or shortening.

The smell of papa murphys pizza makes me want to hurl.

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I loved loved cheese more than anything.. and now it sounds gross to me, not because of the taste but because I now am convinced our bodies really aren’t suppose to have dairy in them. That makes it a turn off

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

I have never once wanted meat once i stopped eating it. I also really wanted my old favorite-the organic blue corn chip—i swore they were stale. All I tasted was rancid oil! My latest repulsion is Bragg’s Liquid Aminos—i can tolerate a tiny spray on something (barely), but once i made the Rawvolution Onion Bread, I can’t stand the stuff.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

I don’t like raisins anymore!

Believe it or not, traditional pizza! The cooked kind! I use to looooove it! I like the raw kind way better now. I just remember pizza tasting dull, and not living up to the yay pizza night!’ hype for a long time. My living pizzas are soooooo much more vibrant in flavour!