Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Blood Type and Diet?

Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

I know Gabriel Cousens has talked a bit about this. He mentioned that we should limit how much we eat of foods that contain lectins which aren’t right for our blood type. So, as a B I shouldn’t eat a lot of avocados, olives, sesame seeds, or pumpkin seeds to avoid my blood cells becoming sticky. Is there anyone who follows this advice, and have you noticed a difference in health for doing so? Any opinions on the idea?

Comments

• I’m big on eating what makes me feel amazing…I have skimmed through a couple of books that go over this concept/theory, and I think it’s just another fad thing or something. Maybe I’m wrong. But I’d rather listen to my body rather than a book…

• This is really interesting. What about A type blood (Me!)? lol would be interesting to learn more!!

• I’m 0 type and according to the blood type theory I should eat meat and such, but I’m perfectly well on a raw vegan diet and I didn’t have any meat craving since I’m vegetarian.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

The original book is “Eat Right For Your Type”. I had to mostly follow this diet when I was not eating raw. I am type A, and the longer I have eaten raw, the less I have to follow the blood type diet. Dr. Cousens says that there is evidence that type O people need more protein, but that they don’t necessarily have to get it from meat. As for the lectin thing, type A people are not “supposed” to eat tomatoes because of the lectins, but I eat a lot of tomatoes! I think things like this may be a good way to examine yourself & your diet, and then do what feels best to you. I believe a lot of the health problems we have are because we don’t take accountability for our own bodies & health. meganthevegan is right – listen to your body. Books can be a good place to find what may be missing, and I am grateful for the people who have written things that I needed. The fact that there are so many differing sources of health information, and that a lot of them work for different people, shows that people are different. :)

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

I do not know what blood type I am. Can I find out without getting my blood tested? I have had my blood tested several times over the years. Dr Schulze, I know is type one and they say if you do not have only meat and protein, you are dead. He actually ate only fruits and vegetables and cayenne peppers and such to SAVE his life. He had deformed heart arteries. Get his catalog and read his story. He is very knowledgeable.

• A friend of mine adhered to this blood type based diet, went to his doctor and commented how great he felt…it turned out he was a DIFFERENT blood type than he thought – he followed the wrong blood type “menu” if you will! Draw your own conclusions, I’m with you Meganthevegan, eat what makes you feel healthy!

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I persosonally don’t buy the blood typing diets. Everyone’s different but I doubt it’s cuz of our blood types.

• shgadwa you can buy a small kit from healthfood stores and test it yourself. It does still involve a finger poke though. What i found out is that you have a dominate blood type and a recessive blood type, most people don’t know their recessive one-because you can’t test for it but you do know if you are an O both are O and if you are an AB than one is an A and the other is a B. but most people are A or B so you could be an AO or an AA or a BO or BB, but because you have both (and this is my personal opinion) The blood type diet might not always work because for example my dominate one is A and my recessive one is O. So maybe i can eat things from both the a and the o lists without addverse reactions. but maybe something an o can eat but not an a would do okay with me also. So that is why i wouldn’t follow the blood type diet. I hope that made some kind of sense to someone other than myself :)

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I’m type A and I have difficulty with tomatoes. The book by Peter D’Adamo also refers to excreters and non excreters, but I don’t know in which category that I fall. Type A is supposed to do well with fruits and vegetables and I do. Many of the foods in the list of don’ts are bad for me for anyway, so I don’t follow that diet as much as I do the diet for MS.

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

I wasn’t so much asking about Peter D’Adamo’s diet, but rather just the suggestions about certain lectins causing your blood to clump up. I find that after reading that I keep worrying that I shouldn’t eat as many olives as I do.

doubleDlittleZ, I didn’t know that blood type had a recessive trait. It makes sense though.

shgadwa, if you donate blood you’ll learn your type. That’s how I found out mine.

• doubleDlittleZ does being AO really effect the type of blood you have? You would still have blood cells that all expressed the A antigens right? As opposed to have blood cells with A and having blood cells without antigens.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I don’t eat tomatoes, legumes or grains because of lectins. I was tested for sticky blood several years ago because my circulation was bad. I was also tested for allergens and those same foods came up positive for sensitivity. Olives are anti-inflammatory, but you could have other problems with them or the salt that they may be packed in. Try skipping them for awhile to see if your health improves.