Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

For Maximum Juice potential: Vitamix or Green Star?

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I know I can blend fruit and veg and strain juice with a vitamix, but the Green Star does it all for you.

My priority is to juice like crazy. What is best?

Comments

• do you already have one piece of equipment or the other? if so, i would say that one is best. there is much debate over which method is best, but the vitamix/straining technique is faster and easier to clean, plus you don’t need extra equipment around the kitchen. you will go through nut milk bags though, andd they will stain. i think the juicer is usually easier for very hard veggies like carrots and beets, too.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Can a vitamix blend wheatgrass and other greens pretty well?

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I’m trying to decide which one to purchase for my juice extravenganza. I’m leaning towards Vitamix + nutmilk bag if it does greens okay.

• MOTH, check out http://www.juicefeasting.com somewhere in there they talk about different juicing options. i think they are fans of the vitamix/nut milk bag system, but they talk about juicers too. from my understanding, yes, the vitamix blends wheatgrass and other greens well, IF blended with other juicier veggies/fruits/water. if you want straight wheatgrass, you definitely need the juicer.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

If I had known about straining things from the Vita-Mix, and how long it takes to run stuff through my juicer, and how many other things the Vita-Mix does, I would have bought the Vita-Mix instead of my juicer (even though it’s a nice juicer). As it is, I live with my parents and I just talked my dad into getting a Vita-Mix for my mom’s birthday, with the deal that I will buy it from them later (when I will have money for it ;) if they don’t like it.

• We had a Champion juicer when I was really young like 4 or 5 and broke quickly, and created huge messes. Not that there’s no mess with the vita-mix and straining, but I just think it’s easier.

• I always had trouble dumping all the pulp from juicers. Sure you can dehydrate it into other products but if you juice often you have to find alot of uses for all the pulp. With a Vita-Mix we get to use it all once. We juice wheat grass daily with a Z-Star manual juicer. It works great. We then add the juice to our morning fruit smoothies. I have heard of some who put the same amount of grass they would juice into the Vita-Mix along with their smoothie ingredients. Many dried green juice products contain whole dried grass and just little of dried wheat grass juice.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Glad to hear it! I just bought a vitamix, so it’s good to know i can get wheatgrass from it. how many nut milk bags should I buy? just one? or do they wear out quickly?