Vice Cream Recipes?

Okay, so my birthday is this Saturday and I want some of those recipes from Vice Cream (book by Jeff Rogers) really bad. I actually ordered the book from Amazon on Monday when I found out about it and it still hasn’t come. I really am not trying to get the recipes for free or anything like that, but to those who have the book, could you share a few of your favorite raw ice cream recipes with me? I wouldn’t be asking such a favor if I wasnt having a big party this weekend aand wanting to really impress my friends. I’m sure you are all just thinking, “Why doesn’t she just use her own ice cream recipes?” If you could even share one amazing recipe, I could use it in an ice cream cake or something with the whipped cream recipe from RawGuru. Again, I am not trying to get you guys to get me free recipes, I (and even my non-raw friends!!) would love to see the recipes from the book, which isn’t apparently going to come till Monday even though I got 3 day shipping. Thank you so much. :)

Comments

• i havent made any yet, but i’ve been planning on making this one because it sounds so delish to me!

raw black forest

3/4 c packed dates
    3/4 c water or coconut water
    1 3/4 lbs cherries pitted plus 1 c chopped cherries
    1 c cashews
    1/2 c unsweetened carob powder

soak dates in water refrigerated overnight, drain reserving the liquid.

run 1 3/4 lbs cherries through juicer to make 2 c juice

combine cherry juice, cashews and dates and their soaking liquid in a blender. blend on high until silky smooth, at least 1 minute. with the motor running, add the carob powder and blend until evenly distributed. place the blender in the freezer for 40 minutes to 1 hour or in the fridge for at least 1 hour up to overnight.

place chopped cherries in the freezer to chill

pour the cherry juice mix into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufactureres instructions. remove the cover and blade from the ice cream maker and fold in the chopped cherries, distributing evenly. serve immediately or transfer to airtight containers and store in freezer.

i think this would be awesome on top… mmm

coconut sauce

2/3 c fresh coconut milk
    1/3 c packed dates

blend on high until smooth. store refrigerated.

• How funny rawclaire…I just got my vice cream book today!

Here is one that I plan on making soon, and it seems so simple! Happy Birthday to you darlin!

Pecan Pie

1 Vanilla Bean
    1 cup chopped organic pecans
    3 cups pecan milk
    1 cup packed organic pitted honey dates

Cut the vanilla bean into small pieces. Grind to a fine powder in a clean coffee grinder. Place the chopped pecans in the freezer to chill.

Combine the ground vanilla, pecan milk, and dates in a blender. Blend on high until silky smooth, at least 1 minute.

Place the blender in the freezer for 40 minutes to 1 hour or in the refrgerator for at least 1 hour or up to ovrnight, until well chilled.

Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Remove the cover and blade from the ice cream maker and fold in the chopped pecans, distributing evenly.

Serve immediately or transfer to airtight containers and store in the freezer until ready to serve.