fruit detox?

juicyjuicy Raw Newbie

I think that somebody posted this a while ago, although now I can’t seem to find it. I have been debating this theory in my head for a while, regarding fruit and detox. Since fruit is the easiest thing to digest, comes with all of the enzymes needed and then some (so I have read) wouldn’t it make sense that detox would happen much quicker if we limited ourselves to just fruit in the beginning? Not that I am raw for weight loss issues, but it would seem to me that once any excess fat was gone from our bodies, so too would most of the toxins, since toxins are stored primarily in fat reserves. Once this was done, you could start adding whole vegetables back in. Eating just fruit with the addition of vegetables juices (since they are easy to absorb nutrients from and therefore we would not be missing out on the chlorophyll and other wonderful nutrients from veggies) would seem to be the perfect way to begin eating raw.

Any comments on this?

Comments

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Interesting idea. Fits with the idea of “fruits are for cleansing”, “vegetables are for healing”. You’re still getting both.

I would think that anyone who is cleansing needs to make sure they get their vitamins, minerals, electrolytes. (like minerals in wild greens and electrolytes in coconut water) Not to mention, if you are detoxing too quickly, drinking water and doing hot-cold-sauna/showers to get rid of the waste would be important.

I guess the question would be, how long is this “safe” for?