Need quick clarification

Hi, Could some please quickly tell me what the difference is between parchment paper and the teflex sheets for dehydrators?

I’m interested in purchasing a dehydrator, specifically an Excalibur since that seems to be the most popular and what many people are satisfied with. But first I gotta save up for one! If someone could quickly clarify the difference for me it will be greatly appreciated!

PS More questions may follow after clarifications if you guys don’t mind. Thank you!!

Comments

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

The teflex is a synthetic sheet product you use over and over. Parchment is a paper product and although I can usually get a few uses out of it, you eventually throw it away. I use parchment at this time and it works OK for me.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Teflex sheets have teflon. And, it makes for smooth texture (well, at least the bottom part on the teflex sheet… but you can use a rolling pin to smooth the top too… and both sides are smooth)

I’m sure you can do the same using (brown) parchment paper and a rolling pin…

Food dries faster with the parchment paper… it’s more “breathable”. However, you do have to keep buying more.