Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

The new kid ;-)

Sabrina1979Sabrina1979 Raw Newbie

Hello everyone, my name is Sabrina and I am originally from Germany as you will soon be able to tell through my english ;-) I am almost 29 years old, married and have 2 boys 2.5 years and 9 months. I have always been health consious but like to splurge too. But before I make a long story too long…here is how is startet JUST 2 weeks ago becoming interested in being more healthy. I went to the Chiropractoar and they told me i have all kinds of issue with my back, I am 5.10 and therefore always tend to hang down my shoulders and just my whole posture is shitty. I go there now twice a week and 2 weeks ago they had a nutrionist from Austin there who held a free nutrition class. I decided after that to start a natural detoxification. I have never done such thing and like i said i need my meat and hardy stuff several times in the week (I thought) But since i payed quiet some money on the supplements i have to take (all natural, no OTC) i decided to go all the way and even skip the allowed fish or meat. I am on day 11 now and all i am eating is vegetables, salad and drinking lots of water. First few days i had terrible headaches (and i am used to headaches, i used to have migraine since I am 12 years old) but those where BAD!!! I feel great and i have to say i am not really missing all the other stuff i ate before. I dont think the complete “raw” is my kind of thing but i would like to work it in to my daily eating habits. I am soooo interested in all that stuff now that I read the book Skinny Bitch which almost turned me into a vegan after a few pages and i also got the book Ani’s raw kitchen…..both books are fantastic… I hope I can stay here wiht you guys in this forum althoug I do not plan to completely go raw. But i would like to have at least 1 raw meal every day and even more….I am excited about my detox and have 10 more days to go..and who knows..maybe after that i dont even feel like inhaling a big steak. I sure dont miss it a whole lot.

Comments

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Welcome to the group Sabrina. You’ll have fun preparing these recipes.

• Welcome Sabrina and congratulations on taking control of your health! Doesn’t it feel amazing to know your choices are not only helping yourself but also our planet through non-violence, respecting life and our planet and bettering our environment?!!

I think both of those books are great too! :)

• guten tag! i’ve been working on eating at least one raw meal a day, first i started with a raw breakfast. either a couple pieces of fruit, or a fruit/nut/date salad if i have more time. then after a while, i craved raw dinners as well. (my lunch usually consists of leftovers from dinner). so just by eating raw fruit for breakfast, it made my body actually crave more raw foods. i dont do this every day, i just go by how i’m feeling, what i’m craving and such. of course when i have the deep fried southern foods my boyfriend makes, my body goes crazy with anger. ugh!

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

hi_im_kelsi, Keep up the with listening to your body, you will be surprised that in no time you will stop having cravings for those “bad southern foods”. Start offering your husband “raw” selections and just maybe, LOL he can stay around. LOL Who knows, maybe he will become a raw foodie too!

• Hello! I’m new too, so maybe we can help each other. :) I also became vegan after reading Skinny Bitch – and I also love Ani’s book. I don’t know much about this site yet, but I don’t think there is an expectation that everyone is 100% raw. This is a journey. :) Kendra

• Sabrina1979Sabrina1979 Raw Newbie

Thanks everyone….i am excited to start this new lifestyle..I told my husband I will be a part time vegetarian, part time vegan and a regular raw-foodie and he laughed. I am a hobby cook and cant wait to “cook” raw food..is its allows to advertise some here…cause the book i read (Ani’s raw food kitchen) included the info about her website smartmonkeyfoods.com were she sell 100% raw food bars. I orderd some today to try them.

Auf Wiedersehen ;-)

• Hello! I’m new here as well. I also just read Skinny Bitch, though I’ve been vegan a few years already. hi_im_kelsi :I usually eat raw in the mornings and have noticed that I crave more raw food the more that I eat raw too! I’ve heard so much about that book by Ani Phyo, perhaps it’s a sign I need to read it!

• tdgtdg Raw Newbie

Welcome!! I think it is great that you are making the commitment to have at least one raw meal. I made the switch gradually. I personally wish that I could find more vegan literature without the guilt trips. People go vegan for various reasons. I don’t need to be continually hounded on the cruelty issues or the need to be 100% but it seems like that is mostly what is in the veg/vegan magazines. If one raw meal works for you, I am all for it. Do what feels right for your body. Only you can tell what is right for you. The body is an amazing creation.