Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

My Excaliber just arrived!!!

Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Yay!!! Whoopee! All right!!

I am going to go out and buy some over ripe banana, and make those banana crepes with the mac. creame filling!!!

I am so happy, can you tell!!

Comments

• FeeFee Raw Master

YAY for you. Its so exciting when a new piece of equipment arrives and you can start playing with it. I totally understand your happiness. Enjoy your crepes.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

ooo congrats. if you come up with fabulous recipes, or have any fave dehydrator treats, start a thread! (my dehydrator things dont always come out fantastic – hopefully you’ll be good inspiration to try some things)

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

I have been using a American Harvest dehydrator. It isn’t the best, seems to take forever to do the job!! But I always make flax crackers and Kandaces onion bread and choco macaroons. They turn out great, but I am sure they take too long! Now, I will be able to dehydrate more effeciently!! Plus the other unit is round and has a central hole where the majority of the air comes up, so every thing used to be rounded! Now my bread and crackers witll have proper square edges!!

• I have been thinking of ordering an excaliber dehydrator and was wondering about the noise level when it’s running. Someone had said it was pretty loud. I live in a 3 room apartment with no doors between rooms. Bedroom is right next to the kitchen. Was wondering if any one could tell me how that would be if trying to sleep and the thing is running in the next room. Thanks for any info.

• It’s not that noisy. If you’re ringht next to it you might not be able to hear someone talking in the next room but I have an open consept 1st floor and when I’m in the living room i don’t really notice it. Plus it’s a constant sound so usually when trying to sleep you won’t notice it, kinda like a fan.

• Thanks for the info on the excaliber MontrealMommy. I think I’m going to get one.

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

Congradulations Luna Blu!!! Yeah, I’ve reeeeeally been thinking of getting a dehydrator but there is one MAJOR thing that is keeping me in a slight doubt. I know I shouldn’t always right away take the opinion of other people to be true, but I’ve read a few times from people who said that they don’t need a dehydrator anymore when they are raw in the long-run. Personally, I can’t see myself without my Vitamix in the future, but what about a dehydrator??? I don’t know if I really need it or if I can’t resist some of the recipes on this site. You know what? I think I’m going to go for it! I don’t know. Its going to take me a while to make a final decision. I hope you enjoy your dehydrator! Hope you post up yummy recipes with it! I’m sure it will make me what to by an excalibar even more!!

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Well, sam. do your research first! Most pros use the Excaliber though. I am quite pleased with it.

The last thing I have to get for my raw kitchen is a Vitamix. I figure I will wait untill I kill my present blender. Then i will have all the important major appliances for a raw kitchen!

• Yes I forgot to mention I have an excaliber. Guess I just assumed it was implied. it’s well worth the extra money. I got a scuffed model from the manufacturer on ebay. It was a gr8 deal and was deliver fast.

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

LimeLady,

I had a 9-tray that I got rid of because it was too noisy. I also live in a small space – 2 bedrooms, 750 square feet, and I do have doors, but the noise was too much for me. Maybe I’m just too sensitive. I have a 4 tray and it’s quieter. The 4-tray has a 4” fan, the 5-tray has a 5” fan, and the 9-tray has a 7” fan.

I wish I had space to put a 9-tray where it didn’t noise-pollute my whole house. If you can figure that out, maybe if you have a pantry or somewhere to put it, it might work. Or if you’re not bothered much by noise.

I suspect that there are variations between machines, too. Maybe I just got a loud one.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

pop the Excalibur into a closet and shut the door, if the noise bothers you. That’s what i’ll do next year, when ill have two rooms with no doors. i have one – i dont find it too bothersome. you can also run it from 9am-11pm, then shut it off -no worries.