Smoothies

I’m battling pretty severe adrenal fatigue and blood sugar issues that go along with that. So it’s really important I get a good steady supply of protein and not too much sugar. Smoothies are such a great, easy thing, but so many of the recipes have so much fruit in them, particularly banana – which helps the taste/texture a lot but too much fruit is problematic for me right now. Does anybody have any GOOD smoothie recipes that would be more suitable to someone battling hypoglycemia? The sugar in the sweet fruits/veggies especially in smoothies/juicing is partly where raw gets a little problematic for me. Along the same line, I’ve somewhat gotten the idea that Cousens’ books may address this some – can anyone vouch for/comment on that before I decide to purchase his book?

Comments

• Hemp seeds blended in 1 cup of water to make hemp milk, throw in 1 tblspn of flax meal, a handful of spinach and a bartlett pear. Comes out like a shake. May even throw in a Tblspn of chia seed. There is a recipe on here for this exact recipe but I can’t remember the name. If it isn’t sweet enough some Agave to top it off.