Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Should I buy a Vitamix dry blade?

WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Is it useful for making manna breads or nut butters, etc? I have a vitamix wet blade container.

Comments

• Is there a difference? How do you tell which one you have? Now THAT I would be interested in too!

• Winona – My neighbor has a dry blade and she says that she uses it more than her wet one. She makes breads (she’s not raw) and whole wheat, buckwheat pancakes, and frech toast etc. She swears by it. I’ve watched her make flour out of her seeds and stuff and I think it would be an investment. Note – since she bought the vitamix she gave me two of her appliances (high speed blender and food processor). I’d say go for it.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Great for flax seeds, but I don’t have a need for one. I use the coffee grinder.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Great question… I wondered that too.

And Izhpt, thanks for your input… use my magic bullet & coffee grinder for flaxseeds too.

I don’t see why I would need a dry blade… yet.

• I do you mine occasionally. I bought mine at a special kiosk in COSTCO (already had the V-Mix).

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Hmm I still can’t decide to buy one. What raw foods do you need the dry blade for?

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

I have one that I never use. You can use it for grinding stuf, I guess.