Tea tree oil to supress food cravings?

sarawsaraw Raw Newbie

Okay, I am probably just talking out of my arse here, but has anyone ever heard of using tea tree oil as a way to decrease food intake?? I say this, because it seems to be working for me, and it was a complete accident that I found this. I use tea tree oil on parts of my skin where I have a rash that I am healing. The combination of tea tree oil smell with ANYTHING I eat or drink makes me queasy. No, I am NOT pregnant. haha. It is just really odd.. I was trying to figure out why in the world I could NOT even say the word ranch dressing, see it, taste it, or smell it. While making salads about two weeks ago, I can pinpoint a time where I was wearing tea tree oil on small parts of my skin while fixing the salads for my family. yesterday I accidentally dipped a carrot in ranch, and I dry heaved for about 5 minutes. 2 months ago, I loved eating ranch on a salad. This same thing happened when I was making myself a dressing with nutritional yeast in it. I couldn’t eat it, even though I had eaten it just a few days ago. God, I hope I’m not pregnant.. Please tell me its the tea tree oil..

Comments

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Oh boy… bust out the pregnancy test! haha. I’m not too sure, never heard this before. And I can say that I have used tea tree in the past and have never had it effect me like that. BUT everyone IS different. I do know for a fact that going raw increases your sense of smell tremedously, and maybe that’s the problem you’re having???

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

saraw, I have had great results w/ colloidal silver on my DH lesions when they come, which is almost never. Are you OK w/ the tea tree oil? It’s very harsh.

• Can it be taken internally??? I heard that not…

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

flybabay, the colloidal silver or the tea tree oil? The only time I took the colloidal silver internally was when we all had that nasty flu this winter. We all drank a small amount. My severely asthmatic son was over the fever and respiratory issues in 6 days. Normally we would have been fighting pneumonia as well as the flu. I don’t advocate it ever since seeing the blue guy on television, but i think he drank 8 oz a day. We had 2t in a glass of water. I use it on my dog’s wounds and they heal overnight.

• I meant the tea tree oil, the colloidal silver can be taken internally for sure, and it is totally safe.