spiral slicer

Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

I have been wanting to get a spiral slicer so I can more easily make veg. pasta. What is a good sturdy model that will do carrot and daidon radish as easily as zucchini?

Comments

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I have, and love, the joyce chen. I think I got it on amazon

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I have had two folks on goneraw recommend the World Cuisine Tri Blade Vegetable Slicer, on Amazon. I ordered it from a different site (look at google checkout to find it) and they said it will be available again on 4/30/08, apparently the company is out of stock. Anyways, its supposed to slice root veggies very well.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I really like the World Cuisine Spiral slicer that I got. It’s not good for thin carrots, but it can handle broccoli stems, cucumbers, zucchini, sweet potatoes, fat carrots, etc. It’s easy to use but does take a couple minutes to clean. The noodle size is not too thin – it’s a little larger than spaghetti noodles. there are 3 different blades, one of them makes mandolin style vegetable pieces. I use the equipment a lot to make pasta and colorful salads.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

definately recommend the Saladdaco Spiral Slicer. You can get it at Natural Zing

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

I use a julienne peeler and it works fine.