How long is a piece of string?

FeeFee Raw Master

Ok – I dont really want to know how long a piece of string is but I do have another similar question. A lot of recipes I see state the amount of kale needed in leaves (eg 2 kale leaves) but I can only get kale ready chopped. Now Im not good at jigsaw puzzles so Im not going to sit and put the pieces back together to make a whole leaf so is there anyone who could do me a HUGE favour and weigh an “average” kale leaf?!! I made a smoothie with kale in and as I didnt know how much to put in it tasted really kaley. I love kale salad but I dont need a measurement for that – I just fill my bowl and add a bit more!

Thank you so much for some help.

Fiona

Comments

• Why don’t you just add little bits of kale at a time to your smoothies or other things so you don’t rely on the whole measurement thing? Then just add a little at a time and test the taste of it?

• AKAAuburnEyesAKAAuburnEyes Raw Newbie

For a smoothie I generally go by handfuls, so 1 “loose” handful of chopped kale to 1 cup of water and 2 pieces of fruit (2 mangos, 2 apples, 2 pears, 2 bananas, etc.) would be a good ratio.

• kevin7197kevin7197 Raw Newbie

The anal side of me decided I had to find the answer. As I had forgotten to pick up some kale at the store the other day, none is on hand so I googled the question. It took some searching but I found it, lol. One cup of chopped kale roughly equals one large leaf. Now I can find peace in the world!

• FeeFee Raw Master

Thank you all for helping me out there. I never thought to google it – well done Kevin7197!

As for testing the smoothie as I go – again never even occured to me!

Fiona