Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How do you grind sprouted buckwheat?

WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I can never get my sprouted buckwheat to grind properly. What machine to do you use?

Comments

• Food Processor , I just did this last week to make pizza crust.

• Do you have to dehydrate it before grinding it?

• No soak them for 15-20 minutes and then rinse that slimy stuff off as good as possible. Then PROCESS them. I made the basic pizza crust recipe on this site and it came out wonderful. Can’t wait to make it again on Friday. It’s our little tradition now at home, we eat at our favorite RAW Restaurant on Thursday and then we have live pizza on Friday,.

• Thanks for the info. I’ll try this some time soon.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Ardesmond: if my food processor sucks and won’t grind them, what do you suggest? Dehydrate, then pop em in the coffee grinder? I might try that. Or should I buy a vitamix dry blade for this?

• Hmmm are you saying you already tried it and it didn’t work, because I have a really cheap Black and Decker that it worked just fine. The coffee grinder could work to but yeah I would dehydrate them first. OHH Wait are you using HULLED or unHULLED buckwheat. I only have experience with the unhulled light greenish tan buckwheat.

• Do you have to do the same for oats groats? Soak, dry?, and grind – will a blender do? We are talking about making flour right?

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I would soak, dry and process in a coffee mill for flour. A food processor with wet grains to make a dough.

• I usually grind everything in the coffee grinder and it works soo good. My food proc. wouldn’t grind them properly.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I’m using unhulled buckwheat. I’ve used wheatberries too – my food processor simply won’t grind them into dough, I tried last month. I’ll try drying and using a coffee grinder.

• kevin7197kevin7197 Raw Newbie

I’m not sure what equipment you have available in your kitchen. I use my juicer, it’s an auger type. With the blank plate it makes perfect dough!