Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Lemon rind neutralizes green smoothie aftertaste

WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I’ve found that a lemon rind put in the vitamix will help a green smoothie be more palatable. This thread is just a suggestion for anyone who didn’t know. I saw this idea in a Victoria Boutenko video.

Comments

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

hm interesting. I find that lemon juice does the same thing for me. Gotta have it in all my green shakes!

• Thanks Winona (and Superkat92). I didn’t know that. :)

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

I tried a recipe for a green drink with a whole unpeeled lemon last week—too much. it was soo bitter. I choked down about 1/4 of it and heaved all that nice kale down the disposal. So sad.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Good to know Izhpt.. I think cutting a thick, one inch slice of lemon rind from a whole is perfect for one smoothie.

• hmmm I hope these are organic Lemons we are using. Otherwise you may be neutralizing but also ingesting some other chemical nasties. Weigh you options on this one.

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

I love putting carrots, avocado and olive oil in my savory (no fruit) green smoothies to improve the taste and texture. :)

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Winona – I tried the lemon zest in my green smoothie this morning and it was really great. Thanks for that tip.