Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

green smoothies in a regular blender!!!

I just made an ACTUALLY SMOOTH green smoothie with my 575W Braun blender!!!!

The key? I soaked the spinach overnight and let it blend for longer.

I’m so thrilled. My previous attempts at a green smoothie with that blender were rather gritty and unpalatable. I thought I was going to have to give up on the whole idea until I get a Vitamix, but it seems there is hope!

Has anyone else had any luck making it happen with a regular blender? Please, share your experiences! :D

Comments

• I don’t know if you have a juicer, but I usually juice my greens, put the frozen bananas in the blender and then pour the juiced greens in the blender with everything else. Takes a minute, but taste better.

• I do have to brag about my Hamilton Beach wave action blender. It only cost 59.99 two years ago and It has out performed my expectations. It not only makes extremely smooth/creamy green smoothies, but recently It has been making my juice while I’m juice feasting. I only add about a cup of water and then I fill it up to the lid with veggies and let it go. I get the same results as when I use my mothers Vita Mix. It does have the ice crushing option so I’m thinking that the motor might be stronger to allow for that. Anyway, I’m a happy blending camper.

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

My smoothies have been smoother since I followed Bluedolphin’s idea of slowly adding the water and letting it blend for longer. I’ll try the soaking idea though. I have the oster beehive and for the most part I’m very happy with it.

• I have been using my Hamilton Beach since I went raw and my green smoothies turn out perfectly. My problem is that I lost the top to the blender so I can’t stop and restart the blender. I did this last week and ended up with green smoothie walls and cupboards:) I am getting my Vitamix next month – yea!

• I also have a Braun and I love it! I make green smoothies with it almost every day.