Brown rice

Hi is brown rice raw and if so will it become soft if I sprout it?

Comments

• If you buy it in the bins, yes, it is. I think you can sprout it, yes because they sell cooked sprouted brown rice in the Asian section, so that means it’s sproutable if they could sprout it. But I like to sprout wild rice and make raw rice pudding out of it!!

• DreaDrea Raw Master

Hello, I just brought some brown rice and I’ve been soaking it for 24 hours now. Will it get soft? I really miss rice and I would like to know which rice is the best to use (besides jicama, califlower etc.) and how to make it edible, Please help!

I have a source for brown rice, if you list a different type of rice please list a source where I can get it also.

• I would like to know this as well. I love brown rice and I used to buy (cooked) sprouted brown rice at the store. I have never tried to sprout anything but I would love to start. Thanks in advance for any advice!

• The best rice I’ve ever had (cooked or raw) was some real wild rice that a friend harvested in Minnesota…. then I got the tip that livingtreecommunity.com sells it on their website, with advice on how to eat it uncooked. It’s terrific, delicious and easy to make! The catch is that it’s heated for about two hours during the drying process… which is okay by some rawfoodies, not by others—I personally think it’s still a vital food! Enjoy!

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

What about all the pesticides???

• DreaDrea Raw Master

sunshinerose, being that this rice is heated during the process, would you still say it’s nutrient rich?

Also, I’ve seen another rice called “wild rice” it’s multi colored, has anyone had this before? If so, please provide a source and how to prepare it so it’s not hard.

• okraokra Raw Newbie

i just tried to sprouts brown rice then i put them in a blender, they became like a bread dough, then dehydrate them over night. they looked lake a pizza crust and taste okay but had some bitterness so i wasn’t sure its okay to eat…... my raw friend eats wild rice but he said he knows its not a raw food so he say “i’m 99% raw.” he has a lot of energy and never gets sick. so it is your choice to eat wild rice or not. every wild rice has black color its means they has been heated, but many people said they can still sprouts. so they might be still vital????

• If they can sprout, they are raw (alive). Wild rice, from what I understand, is not really rice, but in fact seeds. Check ingredients on package. Usually ingredients are posted. Be careful with sprouting legumes (beans). Some are not safe to eat raw. Always check. You can google anything you know! Just google the question, as in “Is it safe to eat garbanzo beans sprouted without cooking?”Then google it. You will get all kinds of information back on eating raw garbonzo beans sprouted without cooking.Check out http://www.living-foods.com/articles/sproutmyth… .Rule of thumb, when in doubt, research it.