Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

dehydrator recommendations?

tdgtdg Raw Newbie

I am finally going to take the plunge and get a dehydrator. Now my question is – what kind of dehydrator is the best? thanks for all your help!!!

Comments

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I have a SausageMaker. It is more powerful than the Excalibur and it is made out of stainless steel. The more popular one is the Excalibur though. If you want a good one, don’t get the round ones – I know it is tempting because they are cheap but honestly if you plan on doing alot of dehydrating and making big batches it is not made for that.

That is my opinion on dehydrators. :)

• tdgtdg Raw Newbie

I have had a round one before and ended up tossing it because it was junk. I want a good one that I can use often. I will check out the sausage maker. Thanks.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

9 tray excalibur. i have it and love it. with the timer. : )

• tdgtdg Raw Newbie

thanks. I am still researching so I can use all the help I can get. A timer would be great. My non-raw husband wants one that can do jerky while I want to do my fruits, veggies, crackers….

• I have a 9 tray Excalibur and you can make jerky in that. My husband said the same things but he hasn’t made jerky ye, he says hes enjoying all his fruits and veggies :)

P.S. I love your puppy picture, Siberian? I have two of my own and they have better personalities than most people!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

There’s also Cabelas brand ... it has a non-flimsy glass front door… (well, non-flimsy when I compare with Excalibur). Although, I like my Excalibur.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I am going to buy the 9 tray excalibur because everybody says it rocks and I am looking forward to getting it soon :)

• tdgtdg Raw Newbie

Naturegal28- Yes, it is a SIberian Husky. She is grown now and I have two of her daughters who look very much like her. I also have an all white Malamute male. They do have great personalities. So sweet and gentle but they do like to chew… :)

Back to the dehydrator, I ordered the SausageMaker after my husband researched it. It is on its way to me now!! Yeah! I can’t wait. I have just planted the garden and I have grand ideas for how to use it!