Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Juicing & the runs

CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Sorry for this yucky topic, but it’s what I’m dealing with right now. OK so I made some juice this morning (blender/nut milk bag method) consisting in an apple, a little asparagus, some cabbage and loads of foraged dandelion. A few hours later I had some more with a red bell pepper, some cabbage and loads of valerian. There’s nothing here I haven’t had before…could it be I just had too much? I don’t have any cramping, just frequent runs to the loo. By the way, I’ve been juicing for breakfast for at least a month now.

Comments

• sooo on saturday I made two green smoothies for breakfast and lunch

the first smoothie was collards, kale, and bananna the second was apple juice, broccoli, bananna

later that day I got hit hard with loose stool and have had loose stool since…I am not sure if this is the same problem or what…any ideas? I am trying to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and I read that banannas are good binders and that apples have a lot of pectic so I have been eating those…advice is totally welcome

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

I do believe dandelion is a liver cleanser. If too much is taken a lot of bile is produced and can dump into your intestine, then you get the runs. i hope I got that right, my natropath told me that a couple years ago when i had too much beet juice, another great liver cleanser.

So if you had a little more danelion than usual, that might be it!

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Luna Blu, I certainly did have more than usual – maybe 3 or 4 times as much! I won’t do that again! I love the shots of your shiloh, such a beauty in the snow!

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Carmentina, thanks!!

3 or 4 times the usual amount! Yes that could be it!

• Dandelions are laxative! If you have to go out, you’d better eat less.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

oh man thanks for this, i have a load of dandelions in my fridge right now, guess ill be useing them as a highlight to the salad instead of the main ingredient!