Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Suggestion for a mayo, please

anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

Hi,

I want to make a mock tuna-tabolue salad for dinner. But I have never make a raw mayo. I only have hazelnuts and walnuts at home (and they are not soaked). So can I make a mayo for that salad? Which eill tate better walnuts or hazelnuts? AND how can I make it (with water…)?

Thank you so very much.

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I know you’ve only got walnuts but Pine nuts and sunflower seeds taste best for mayo I think. The best mayo I have ever tried was the one in this excellent recipe:

http://goneraw.com/recipes/1908-tuna-salad-sand…

I used pine nuts and sunflower seeds instead of almonds it always comes out amazing. Maybe soaked walnuts would be OK. Soaking them for just an hour or two will help them taste creamy rather than bitter. You could add a peeled courguette, they go creamy in sauces if you are missing some of the other bulk ingredients.

I’ve found that using lemon juice and apple cider vinegar together makes the most authentic mayo taste whatever you make the may with.

Good Luck!

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

Thanks!!! I’ll try it! (mayo with avocado1 wow!).

Ps. I wanted to post this in “food preparation” but…

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

Ok, now this IS weird! All morning I was thinking about making a mock tuna but had to come up with a raw mayo LOL! I found quite a few recipes on this site, but totally trust Zoe’s judgement so am going that route :) Ask and you shall receive HA! Thanks a bunch :)

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

There is a really great sounding raw mayo recipe here:

http://www.rawfoodtalk.com/showpost.php?p=39750…

I have tried a few other ones and wasn’t satisfied. I just need to buy the ingredients to try this one. If it really tastes like Veganaise, I’ll be very happy.

• I made an amazing avocado mayo once and now I can’t find the recipe…. does this sound familiar to anyone? It had almond milk, avocado, apple cider vinegar (maybe lemon and salt too?), and while that is all spinning in the blender you slowly add olive oil. It was sooooo good and I have been wanting to make it again lately but can’t seem to find the exact recipe. Any input would be appreciated!

• anngoingrawanngoingraw Raw Newbie

Hi,

Renoir, the link posted by queenfluf seems very similar (it calls for sunflower oil but you can just use olive, i think) and it looks great! (I’ll try next time).

I made the mayo with walnuts (soaked an hour) and it taste good, but my stomach dind’t like the salad :-( I don’t if the problem was the walnut mayo, quinoa sprouts… or whatever…